Esp.

Home Energy Tips: Choose Energy Efficient Light Bulbs

Posted by: Anna | 09/17/2013 at 10:05 AM


Home Energy Tips: Choose Energy Efficient Light Bulbs

Maintaining an energy-efficient home is crucial to getting the most out of your electricity and, most importantly, having a manageable monthly bill.  According to need.org, the average American home spends six percent of its energy bills on lighting.

Many people still use incandescent bulbs, which convert only about 10 percent of the energy they consume into light. The other 90 percent of energy consumed is converted into heat.

Another option is to make the switch to Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) bulbs, which are much more efficient than regular bulbs. CFL bulbs are a bit more expensive, but last much longer and will save you some cash in the long run.

Check out this video from National Grid for more tips on getting the best bulbs for your buck:



Back to the Spark →